Connect and Cruise Kit
LT5 6.2L Supercharged C7 ZR1 Crate Engine
The LT5 engine is a part of the Gen V LT-series engine family that features all-aluminum construction, variable valve timing, and direct injection technologies for the highest efficiency. An additional port injection system with eight injectors will complement the direct injection when the LT5 engine demands extra fuel. Additional features that aid in longevity is a dry-sump oil system, oil-spray piston cooling, and specific heavy-duty bearings.
LT5 Technical Specs
- Displacement: 6.2L/376 ci
- Horsepower: 755 @ 6400 rpm
- Torque: 715 ft.-lbs. @ 3600 rpm
- Bore: 4.065 in.
- Stroke: 3.622 in.
- Block: Cast aluminum with 6-bolt cross-bolted main caps
- Compression: 10:1
- Crankshaft: Forged steel
- Piston: Forged aluminum with polymer-coated skirts
- Rods: Forged powdered-metal steel
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller with equal dual phasing
- Camshaft Duration (at .050 in.): 189-degrees intake / 223-degrees exhaust
- Valve Lift: .492 in. intake / .551 in. exhaust
- Intake Valve: 2.130 in. titanium
- Exhaust Valve: 1.590 in. sodium-filled
- Rocker Arm: 1.8:1 ration, roller bearing trunnion
- Supercharger: R2650 (2.65L) 11-rib belt
- Max Boost: 14 psi
- Throttle Body: 95 mm
- Max RPM: 6,600
- Fuel Type: Premium pump
- Fuel System: Direct injection (primary) w/ port injection (supplementary)
- Balanced: Internal
Chevrolet Performance Remanufactured Supermatic 8L90-E Transmission
Developed by Chevrolet Performance engineers, this 8-speed automatic transmission offers strong take-off performance with a wide 7.0:1 overall ratio for enhanced efficiency.
8L90-E SuperMatic Features:
- Eight-Speed Automatic
- Four separate gearsets
- Two brake clutches and three rotating clutches for five total clutches
- Quick upshift speed
- Reduced internal friction
- Slip yoke
- Matched torque converter included
8L90-E SuperMatic Gear Ratios:
- 1st: 4.56:1
- 2nd: 2.97:1
- 3rd: 2.08:1
- 4th: 4.69:1
- 5th: 1.27:1
- 6th: 1.00:1
- 7th: 0.85:1
- 8th: 0.65:1
- Reverse: 3.82:1
Engine Control Module and Harness
A precisely calibrated engine control module is essential to making your modern fuel-injected engine perform in your older vehicle. Unlike production controllers that may or may not come with a used engine, these controllers are calibrated for installation in older vehicles. That means many of the features required for late-model production vehicles are "turned off," because they're not required in older cars and trucks. That means features that may trigger a diagnostic trouble code and possibly affect performance - requiring additional tuning - are not enabled. These controller kits deliver all the components required to plug into the engine and get it running - from the controller itself and the accompanying wire harness to the mass airflow sensor, oxygen sensors, and even a throttle pedal assembly. The kits also include detailed instructions to help you do it right the first time, even if you have no experience.
Each Chevrolet Performance Connect & Cruise Crate Powertrain System includes:
• Instruction sheet
• Brand-new crate engine
• Automatic or manual transmission
• Transmission Installation Kits
• SuperMatic™ transmission control module and harness (automatic transmission only)
• Calibrated engine control module
• Two oxygen sensors and mounting bosses (for installation in the exhaust system)
• Mass airflow meter and mounting boss (for installation in the air intake system)
• Throttle pedal assembly (for use with the electronically operated throttle)
• Assembled wiring harness with fuse box and necessary cam sensor and MAP sensor jumpers
- Includes engine oil cooler, 8-bolt flywheel
- Requires 72 psi fuel pressure and 45 gph
- Accessory drive not included (water pump and balancer included)
- Engines shipped with high-pressure direct-injection fuel pump installed
- Intended for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- 8-bolt crankshaft flange.
To facilitate a complete installation, the builder will need to source additional components to complete the engine assembly and get the vehicle running, including:
– Fuel tank and fuel lines (re-circulating or returnless)
– Fuel pump: 58 psi (400 kPa) for all engines except 65 psi (450 kPa) for LSA and LS9
– Air induction system that incorporates the mass airflow sensor
– Starter and exhaust systems
Additionally, all engines require a Front-End Accessory Drive system. The instruction manual included with each kit offers recommendations and Chevrolet Performance offers several configurations to suit different applications. Each allows the installer to easily delete air conditioning.
Engine Break-In Procedure
Use only engine oil that meets dexos1 specifications. For track events or competitive driving, use Mobil 1 15W-50 engine oil. Fill the engine with oil and follow the proper engine priming procedure. Also check and fill as required any other necessary fluids such as coolant, power steering fluid, etc.
Start the engine and listen for any unusual noises. If no unusual noises are noted, run the engine at approximately 1000 RPM until normal operating temperature is reached. The engine should be driven at varying loads and conditions for the first 30 miles or one hour without wide open throttle (WOT) or sustained high RPM accelerations. Run five or six medium throttle (50%) accelerations to about 4000 RPM and back to idle (0% throttle) in gear. Run two or three hard throttle (WOT 100%) accelerations to about 4000 RPM and back to idle (0% throttle) in gear.
Change the engine oil and filter. Inspect the oil and the oil filter for any foreign particles to ensure that the engine is functioning properly. Drive the next 500 miles (12 to 15 engine hours) under normal conditions. Do not run the engine at its maximum rated engine speed. Also, do not expose the engine to extended periods of high load. Change the oil and filter again, inspect the oil and oil filter for any foreign particles to ensure that the engine is functioning properly.